can't install driver to work with bumblebee with version 355.11

In the stable branch (352.55) it is possible to install the nvidia driver in such a way that it can be used with bumblebee. But with the newest video driver in the Short Lived Branch version it is no longer possible from what I can tell.

The error message is:

ERROR: The runtime configuration check failed for the library ‘libEGL.so.1’
(expected: ‘/usr/lib64/nvidia-bumblebee/libEGL.so.1’, found:
‘/lib64/libEGL.so.1’). The most likely reason for this is that
conflicting OpenGL libraries are installed in a location not inspected
by nvidia-installer. Please be sure you have uninstalled any
third-party OpenGL and/or third-party graphics driver packages.

You can add “–no-opengl-files” to get past this but then bumblebee/primus doesn’t work.

Is there any chance you could make a command line switch to disable this check? I am trying to get this to work in fedora/RHEL Linux and have been making packages for a couple of years. Perhaps it could be called --disable-runtime-configuration-check ? adding --no-rpms or --no-distro-scripts or --no-check-for-alternate-installs did not help.

The arguments I’m giving the installer right now that work with the stable branch are:

./nvidia-installer --accept-license --silent --no-x-check --no-nouveau-check --no-recursion --opengl-libdir=lib64/nvidia-bumblebee --opengl-prefix=/usr --x-library-path=lib64/nvidia-bumblebee --x-prefix=/usr --x-module-path=/usr/lib64/nvidia-bumblebee/xorg/modules --compat32-libdir=lib/nvidia-bumblebee --compat32-prefix=/usr

Thanks for any suggestions.

gsgatlin, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I’m trying to use driver version 358.16 on fedora 23 with bumblebee and getting the same error message. Does it have something to do with the opengl-prefix being /usr?

I’d also be interested in a solution to this problem, trying with the same driver as matt

Do you have a recipe on how to get something up and running, even if its not possible to implement something maintainable from it?

Hi everyone.

I opened a new issue here:

https://github.com/NVIDIA/nvidia-installer/issues/1

It will explain the problem a little better.

Please let me know if you need any further information?

Thanks so much.

I submitted a patch to that nvidia-installer github that should fix the problem. If anyone would like to try it themselves I rebuilt the installer package for x86_64-361.18. You can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqk2f3lmb93xb7c/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-361.18-2.run?dl=0

I changed lines 477-483 of /usr/sbin/bumblebee-nvidia to

if [  -n "$forcedebug" ]; then
          ./nvidia-installer --accept-license --silent --no-x-check --no-nouveau-check --no-symlink-check --no-runtime-check--no-recursion --opengl-libdir=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --opengl-prefix=/usr --x-library-path=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --x-prefix=/usr --x-module-path=/usr/$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee/xorg/modules $sign_driver $bumblebee_lastarg
          vidcompile=$?
     else
          ./nvidia-installer --accept-license --silent --no-x-check --no-nouveau-check --no-symlink-check --no-runtime-check --no-recursion --opengl-libdir=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --opengl-prefix=/usr --x-library-path=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --x-prefix=/usr --x-module-path=/usr/$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee/xorg/modules $sign_driver $bumblebee_lastarg > /dev/null 2>&1
          vidcompile=$?
     fi

@matth45 I’ll try to test this later this week and let you know what I saw. Thanks a lot for working on this.

NVIDIA Tracker 1716322

This issue still continue with version 361.42 for me.

I installed @matth45’s driver and its seems okey but I want to know how can I do it with current version.
Let me know if there is any solution.

This issue still continue with version 367.27 for me.
Fedora 24 with bumblebee 3.2.1-12.fc24

I’ve made zenity script to install Nvidia driver for a while. I’m a Fedora user so the script have no real problem to install the driver and libs, and a fix many issue with bumblebee.

There’s little tricks to do if use command line and I suggest you to use the .run package from nvidia.

1. libnvidia-wfb.so doesn’t work, this, for a very long time.
    You have to rename the link: libwfb.so.orig
  2. you can also, like with Prime add the ModulePath in xorg.conf.nvidia like this:
    Section “Files”
    ModulePath “/usr/lib64/nvidia-bumblebee/xorg/modules”
    ModulePath “/usr/lib64/xorg/modules”
    EndSection
    To have both default libs and nvidia libs declared, but don’t really knows the result (didn’t test).

My script is this time in hard rebuild, but you can try it if you will. It use only source and .run packages for both bumblebee and driver.
And, sorry, EN translation is not ended. :/

Nice work, thank you. I will try this soon.

Hello. This appears to be fixed in version 375.20. But without needing any extra new arguments. Thanks for fixing this problem.