tegra x1 opencl support

Has anyone tried to get opencl working on the x1 (or k1)? I’m trying to get the libfreenect2 running on the tegra using the OpenCL DepthPacketProcessor, but when I run Protonect example it errors out with:

cl::Platform::get failed: -1001

I installed clinfo to debug why openCL isn’t working and it cannot find any platforms.
$clinfo
I: ICD loader reports no usable platforms

I can’t find the icd files for the tegra (How to set up OpenCL in Linux - Andreas Klöckner's Former Wiki).

$ head -1 /etc/nv_tegra_release

R23 (release), REVISION: 1.1, GCID: 6220086, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: hard, DATE: Fri Oct 30 21:33:12 UTC 2015

$ apt-cache policy clinfo
clinfo:
Installed: 0.0.20130513-1
Candidate: 0.0.20130513-1
Version table:
*** 0.0.20130513-1 0
500 Index of /ubuntu-ports trusty/universe armhf Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ dpkg -S libOpenCL.so
ocl-icd-libopencl1:armhf: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libOpenCL.so.1
ocl-icd-libopencl1:armhf: /usr/share/man/man7/libOpenCL.so.7.gz
ocl-icd-libopencl1:armhf: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libOpenCL.so.1.0.0

Sorry, OpenCL driver is not supported for Tegra.
Can you use opengl_depth_packet_processor from libfreenect2?

Alternatively, it would be straightforward to port opencl_depth_packet_processor to CUDA.
Kernel code is nearly the same between CUDA & OpenCL, and CPU-side driver code is significantly condensed with CUDA.

I realize this is an old topic but could NVIDIA guys please let us know if OpenCL is going to be supported on TX1 at all? I’m sure a great chunk of market where TX1 would fit very well is missed because of lacking OpenCL libraries.

Well, I’ve got an official feedback from NVIDIA that there are no plans to support OpenCL on TX1 at the moment.

So, Do you kown what should we do to use the TX1 with libfreenect2 to get the depth image?

OpenCL is not a requirement for libfreenect2. Please see:

sorry, i just knew this today, and i wonder if it a requirement for the iai_kinect2? I have run the iai_kinect2 package and have no problem i can see, i’m confused as many people said the opencl is not suport the tx1, where reflect?

There is a version of iai_kinect which works with the Jetson. See:

See Step 14: Install IAI_KINECT2 for details.