GStreamer RTP H.265 elements missing

I’ve noticed that the rtph265depay and rtph265pay Gstreamer-1.0 elements are missing from gst-plugins-bad. I know that the RFC is still in draft form, but it would be nice to be able to try out the TX1’s H.265 network streaming capabilities via gstreamer. Anybody have some ideas as to how to rebuild gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad with those two elements enabled for the TX1? You can find the sources for them on github.

Thanks.

If you reference in the Jetson TX1 Multimedia Guide, available here ([url]http://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r23_Release_v1.0/L4T_Tegra_X1_Multimedia_User_Guide.pdf[/url]), there is documentation for building upstream gstreamer included in the “GSTREAMER BUILD INSTRUCTIONS” section located on page 20. Also we are tracking the rtph265 elements you mentioned for inclusion in future L4T release, so in the future they should be provided by default.

I followed the guide and figuring out other parts on my own I was able to successfully try out the rtph265pay and rtph265depay elements. However there are some problems with the guide overall for building gstreamer.

This procedure should be inserted after step 6 as liborc provided by Ubuntu 14.04 is way too old to be usable by gstreamer ./configure:
Build orc (Oil Runtime Compiler) to enable high performance code generation:

./configure --prefix=/home/ubuntu/gst_1.6.0/out
make
make install

Step 9’s libjack-dev caused libjack-jackd2-0 and libjack-jackd2-dev to be removed, no idea if they’re important as my tests didn’t involve audio anyway.

Step 10 I skipped installing libopencv-dev cause it wanted to remove libopencv4tegra and libopencv4tegra-dev. And I didn’t need opencv support at the time.

Step 12 has a typo where it used gst-1.6.0 instead of gst_1.6.0 like the rest of the commands for the build parent directory.

Step 13 doesn’t make any sense. There is no apt package named nvidia_gstreamer-1.0 nor is there a directory named that I could find. Instead I had to guess and copy libraries required for my tests:

cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gstreamer-1.0/
cp libgstnv* libnvgst* libgstomx.so ~/gst_1.6.0/out/lib/gstreamer-1.0/

So the user guide needs some clarifications and corrections.