img[3] = 1.0f;
			img += 4;
		}
	}

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
	glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA32F, 256, 256, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, &img_data[0]);
	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0);
	int a = glGetError();
	TextureSampler sampler = m_Context->createTextureSamplerFromGLImage(texId, RT_TARGET_GL_TEXTURE_2D);

After executing createTextureSamplerFromGLImage, the program just crashed without any exception throwed. I’m sure that opengl context is set, and glGetError returns 0, and texId has a valid value.
The above code is copyed from the project “simpleGLTexInterop” in the Optix SDK samples, and the “simpleGLTexInterop” sample runs correctly in the SDK solution. So there shouldn’t be a problem in my operation system or gpu hardware.
Something should be wrong with my opengl setting. glew setting, or optix context setting. I don’t have any idea about why, so does anyone know which setting would cause the “createTextureSamplerFromGLImage” function to fail? Any idea is appreciated.
System Information:
Windows 7 Utimate 64 SP1, Nvidia Titan X,driver version 358.91, otpix 3.8.0, cuda v7.0.27. I’m using 32bit application.

I would not recommend to do any GPU ray tracing in 32-bit, especially not on a Titan! You won’t be able to access all its memory. Means I would recommend to try 64-bit first.

If that doesn’t help and you can can build the OptiX SDK example you took this code from yourself and that works, I would simply single step through both projects side by side in two MSVS sessions and see where the difference is.

A simple way to look at all OptiX API calls the programs do, would be to do an OAC trace of both and compare the trace.oac text files. Look in some of my recent answers for the link to the description how to do that. (Don’t forget to unset the tracing environment variable afterwards.)

Hi Detlef,
thank you for your reply, after I ported my application to 64-bit, the crush is gone. And I will keep in mind no ray tracing in 32-bit.