Nvidia getforce gtx 950M GDDR3: Black screen or login loop when install nvidia driver

Hi,

I get a Asus ROG few days ago and i try to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS but i had some freeze with the free driver X of Ubuntu. My PC use Nvidia getforce gtx 950m GDDR3.
I tried to install nvidia driver:

• download recommended driver from the website, i had a login loop on the login page of ubuntu
  • download recommended driver with PPA, i had a black screen on the login page

Do you a other idea to resolve this problem?

Thank you for your attention and excuse my english

I have similar issue Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (14.04.4 kernel 4.2.0-30-generic) Nvidia geforce 940M
Tried different driver version (331,346,352,355,361) from different sources.

PPA: xorg-edgers - black screen
PPA: graphics-drivers - infinite login loop
Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver | 361.28 | Linux 64-bit | NVIDIA - black screen
and 352 driver from Ubuntu 14.04.4 CD… - this pretends to work on kernel 4.2.0-27-generic, but when you want to switch to performance mode you will get:

Error: alternatives are not set up properly
Error: nvidia mode can’t be enabled

And moreover any tool/application using 3D gl graphics is not using nvidia gpu :-(

Thank you for your fast response, i will try this ans tell you the result

And it works :) thank you very much. I just wait few hours to see if ubuntu freeze (like next time) before set this post resolved.

Thank you man

What exactly was the solution? I’m having a similar problem and can’t figure it out.