encrypting emmc partition

I was wondering if there is a way of encrypting everything in my emmc. Including the boot partition and when I boot I would just need to use my pass phrase and boot my tk1. I dabbled into it before but failed miserably. All suggestions are welcome.

I have not tried working with encrypting partitions. What have you tried so far (there is probably more than one way to work with encryption)?

I have mainly used this tutorial [url]http://www.pavelkogan.com/2014/05/23/luks-full-disk-encryption[/url] I have been failing on creating a new partition.

From what I see, the biggest issue would be that the URL’s assumption is using a desktop PC’s boot loader, specifically GRUB. At one point the author gives steps to set up GRUB to allow it to understand an encrypted partition after accepting a pass phrase…so far as I know, neither u-boot nor fastboot support this. Somewhere on the web there may be a patch for this if you are very motivated.

If you can ignore encrypting the entire partition (and thus lose the need for decryption support in the boot loader), you may be able to mount just an encrypted home directory. This might still get complicated because of limited partition sizes. You should be able to install package lvm2 and complete the steps for just a copy of home directory on something like an SD card or SATA drive if this is sufficient for your needs.

Okay. Thanks for the answer. I’ll try that and update this thread about what happened.

This thread might help: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/898029/jetson-tx1/encryption-via-ecryptfs-on-a-tk1-tx1/

I don’t believe that the L4T kernel has encryption support, requiring a workaround.

I also agree with that, the URL is connected to PC boot loader. Neither u-boot nor fastboot support this. Somewhere on the web there may be a patch for this if you are very motivated.

If you can ignore encrypting the entire partition (and thus lose the need for decryption support in the boot loader), you may be able to mount just an encrypted home directory. This might still get complicated because of limited partition sizes. You should be able to install package lvm2 and complete the steps for just a copy of home directory on something like an SD card or SATA drive if this is sufficient for your needs. You can also try to set many different passwords for all of your files and folders.Sometimes if you choose a suitable way to manage your account you will no longer to worry about the encryption. For Free Password Managers as an example,it is a shortcut for secure researchers to looking for and test the ability of password in creation and management. It can also be your Secure Password Storage so you don`t need to worry about password lost and being hacked as long as the files can use password to encryption.