DP1.2 connected monitor cannot be turned on again with DPMS
381.09 corrected this issue for me and my 2x ASUS PB278Q-P monitors connected via DP. Perhaps an issue with the DP audio path interfering with DMPS in the driver? anyhow its finally working for me, thanks!
381.09 corrected this issue for me and my 2x ASUS PB278Q-P monitors connected via DP.

Perhaps an issue with the DP audio path interfering with DMPS in the driver?

anyhow its finally working for me, thanks!

Posted 04/09/2017 06:05 AM   
tried 381.09 on my Ubuntu 16.04 with Gnome 3.20.2 and the Samsung U28D590. Still at the shell crashing behavior with no known distinction from the previous driver. Attaching bug report here
tried 381.09 on my Ubuntu 16.04 with Gnome 3.20.2 and the Samsung U28D590. Still at the shell crashing behavior with no known distinction from the previous driver. Attaching bug report here

Posted 04/19/2017 03:39 PM   
I tried 381.09 on my Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity and the HP EliteDisplay E240 and I still have a problem with the screensaver. My second monitor who use DisplayPort never wake up (the first one use a DVI to VGA adapter). I have to do CTRL+ALT+F1 and CTRL+ALT+F7 to wake up my second monitor.
I tried 381.09 on my Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity and the HP EliteDisplay E240 and I still have a problem with the screensaver. My second monitor who use DisplayPort never wake up (the first one use a DVI to VGA adapter). I have to do CTRL+ALT+F1 and CTRL+ALT+F7 to wake up my second monitor.

Posted 04/21/2017 12:38 PM   
I have the same problem with external monitors not waking up. Configuration: - HP ZBook 17 G4 - Debian Linux 9 booting upon clean UEFI (no CSM) - x86_64 - NVidia native driver 375.66 (nouveau blacklisted) - 2 external monitors BENQ GW2406-T connected over DisplayPort cables to a HP Thunderbolt 3 (driven by USB-C) docking adapter. When switching the laptop on (with docking adapter connected and switched on) all 3 displays (laptop plus 2x external ones) come up and are layed out like shown in the NVidia Settings tool. When the screensaver comes in they are blanked out and pressing a key reactivates just the laptop display while the external monitors remain blank, they just shortly show a [i]No Signal[/i] message (which seems to indicate this is no real hotplug problem). The trick with pressing CTRL-ALT-Fx and switch back to X server works also for me - this way the external monitors reactivate automatically.
I have the same problem with external monitors not waking up.

Configuration:
- HP ZBook 17 G4
- Debian Linux 9 booting upon clean UEFI (no CSM) - x86_64
- NVidia native driver 375.66 (nouveau blacklisted)
- 2 external monitors BENQ GW2406-T connected over DisplayPort cables to a HP Thunderbolt 3 (driven by USB-C) docking adapter.

When switching the laptop on (with docking adapter connected and switched on) all 3 displays (laptop plus 2x external ones) come up and are layed out like shown in the NVidia Settings tool.

When the screensaver comes in they are blanked out and pressing a key reactivates just the laptop display while the external monitors remain blank, they just shortly show a No Signal message (which seems to indicate this is no real hotplug problem). The trick with pressing CTRL-ALT-Fx and switch back to X server works also for me - this way the external monitors reactivate automatically.

Posted 08/08/2017 08:32 AM   
Just got to add: The sequence [code]xset dpms force off xset dpms force on [/code] doesn't help in my case.
Just got to add: The sequence
xset dpms force off
xset dpms force on

doesn't help in my case.

Posted 08/08/2017 09:25 AM   
Strange thing... About NVIDIA driver I only see a problem on ubuntu, the monitor brightness (I have a notebook, MSI GT72 6QD) is never saved and defaults to maximum... The hotkeys work and even setting it in shell works. It would be nice to save it when shutting down. About the dpms and the monitor not powering back.. STRANGELY I have this problem with my INTEL VGA (my laptop has both intel both nvidia 970M. I think is 90% the driver (Intel in this case) but I am not sure about the cause. Or a fix.
Strange thing...
About NVIDIA driver I only see a problem on ubuntu, the monitor brightness (I have a notebook, MSI GT72 6QD) is never saved and defaults to maximum...
The hotkeys work and even setting it in shell works.
It would be nice to save it when shutting down.

About the dpms and the monitor not powering back.. STRANGELY I have this problem with my INTEL VGA (my laptop has both intel both nvidia 970M.

I think is 90% the driver (Intel in this case) but I am not sure about the cause.
Or a fix.

Posted 11/01/2017 12:42 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply