kubuntu 16.04, optimus, 364.19, NVRM: GPU at 0000:03:00.0 has fallen off the bus.

Kubuntu linux, with kde neon-desktop, got black screen at startup after upgrade to 16.04.
When I execute from terminal “prime-select intel; service sddm restart” then I get working desktop,
“prime-select nvidia; service sddm restart” result is again black screen.
Tried ver 361 with similar results.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (65.2 KB)

Status update - attached bug report properly and found temporary workaround. When computer starts with intel graphics selected, then switch to nvidia is possible. Boot in nvidia mode gives still black screen.

Ubuntu 16.04 cannot use 361 or 364 driver in a optimus laptop either.

I can install the 361 or 364 drivers with nvidia-prime, it work fine within a few minutes and then it freezes completely.
I only got the 361 drivers working using bumblebee and bbswitch. It works fine, however after a suspend it does not work anymore, I got also the error NVRM: GPU at 0000:03:00.0 has fallen off the bus and also that the GPU refused to change status from D3.

Currently, I switch back to 352 drivers since it works fine in any situation.

You should update to 367.18 wich should solve the NVRM: GPU at 0000:03:00.0 has fallen off the bus error.

Updated to 367 from ubuntu ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa, did not help.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (51.5 KB)

Updated to 367 drivers and still having the same problem.
Rolling back to 352 again.

I hope this will be fixed before the release of the next CUDA version

Fixed in 370.28

Also, I can confirm the rihoka post.
Finally the 370.28 nvidia drivers from ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa repository are working using nvidia-prime in ubuntu 16.04.
Also tested with cuda 8.0 without problems.