Where Can I Download PhysX Binaries?

Title says it all, they’re not in the download centre, where can I get them?

This is quite frankly, fucking ridiculous.

Yep, I have contacted NVIDIA directly regarding this; no response. I have also subscribed to access the source on GitHub (2 months ago!). An embarrassment…

Seriously where are the Physx SDK Binaries?

You can get 3.2.5 from PhysX SDK: Latest Features & Libraries | NVIDIA Developer . That’s the only binary version I can find online.

Otherwise you can download the source for 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 from github and then compile it. I guess they assume everyone is happy to create a github account, download and compile the source and not use a version older than 3.3.3.

If anyone finds any other versions floating around anywhere I’d love to know about it.

Yes you can compile the sources from github, but that costs money to license if you want to release the thing you’re working on.

Where are you reading that? Looking at the EULA at https://developer.nvidia.com/content/apply-access-nvidia-physx-source-code I read

1. License Grants.

1.1 License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, NVIDIA hereby grants to You a limited, worldwide, personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, terminable, non-sublicensable (except as provided below) paid-up license to:

(d) reproduce and distribute the NVIDIA GameWorks Licensed Software, in Object Code form only, solely as integrated into inseparable Games, Expansion Packs, Demos and other applications on the Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS and Android platforms (the “Authorized Platforms”) developed by You that incorporate the NVIDIA GameWorks Licensed Software, subject to certain license procedures for distribution of Games, Demos and other applications (including, for PC-based titles, through use of a end user license agreement which explicitly disclaims any representations, warranties, conditions, and liabilities related to the NVIDIA GameWorks Licensed Software), either by You or through Distributors (subject to and as further detailed in Section 1.2 below).

It says here [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/physx-sdk[/url] “Because the binary build of the PhysX SDK can be used freely for both non-commercial and commercial PC (WindowsTM desktop) applications, with no license fees or royalties” which made me assume that source version isn’t free for commercial use. If that’s not the case though, then I’m quite happy to build it myself.

I see what you mean but I would think the EULA would trump an offhand comment on an advertisement page. I can’t speak for nvidia though so definitely give the EULA a read and judge for yourself. If my interpretation is wrong I’d definitely like to know about it.

I can confirm that the PhysX SDK source distribution available through GitHub is free for both commercial and non-commercial uses.

I’m a developer on the PhysX team and I brought this issue to the attention of the PhysX Product Manager who has updated the offending web page to read:

“Because the PhysX SDK can be used freely for both non-commercial and commercial applications on Windows, Linux, OSX, Adroid and iOS, with no license fees or royalties, the PhysX SDK has been downloaded by tens of thousands of enthusiasts worldwide, including: …”

to remove any reference to a difference between binary and source distributions. We apologize for any confusion the wording on that page may have caused. It had not been updated to reflect the free availability of the PhysX source distro through GitHub.

We have stopped releasing binary distributions simply because there are too many flavors of build choices on all those platforms that it’s much easier to just permit developers to build the SDK themselves for the configs they require.

Your GitHub submission system is still broken. I’ve send a couple of requests, and still haven’t been invited on GitHub. What’s up with that?

I will report this to our PM but I just tested it myself and I was able to sign up for GitHub access successfully. It took less than a minute for the confirmation email to be received.

Thanks for the clarification kstorey

I have also sent 2 requests for GitHub submission, but got no response.

I’ve just lost 2 hours looking for SDK, because of your misleading website.
Multiply this times x number of people interested in your technology, who will pay for this time?