NVCC not present in cuda 7.5 ubuntu 15.10

Both if I try to use apt-get and if I just download the file, depackage and install won’t work. That is, I have no nvcc file in /usr/local/cuda-7-5/bin.

I try nvcc and what tells me is:

The program ‘nvcc’ is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-cuda-toolkit.

I try so, and it tells me that is already installed. I am lost.

sudo find / -name nvcc

Already did, no results

Then its not installed. You may have a machine configuration that is corrupted in any number of ways (see note below about Ubuntu 15.10 and CUDA 7.5)

I suggest following the instructions in the install guide carefully.

[url]Installation Guide Linux :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation

If things are not working, start over with a clean install of Ubuntu 15.04. If that doesn’t help, then start over with a clean install and try the runfile installation method instead of the package manager installation method.

You can also try “cleaning” your machine by studying the “handling conflicting installation methods” section carefully:

Note that Ubuntu 15.10 is not an officially supported distribution for CUDA 7.5:

You may have better luck by switching to Ubuntu 15.04, or else trying CUDA 8.0RC (however, niether Ubuntu 15.04 nor 15.10 are officially supported by CUDA 8.0RC)

I can’t switch to cuda 8 because I run mavenized jCuda, for which is not supported. I will try other ways (I can try to update the kernels), but I fear it won’t work. Well, switching to 15.04 seems to be the only solution otherwise. Thank you.