Installing xenomai

Hi,

I am attempting to install xenomai on the Jetson tk1. I have downloaded kernel version 4.1.18. I have patched this kernel with the xenomai ipipe patch, and configured it thereafter. I have a kernel system image in the /boot directory as well. Normally on a laptop or computer, you can select the kernel to boot into in grub on start-up if there are more than one available. However, the Jetson, like any other embedded system running linux, doesn’t offer grub so I cannot choose to boot into this new kernel I have configured. Is there any way I would be able to find a way to boot into this kernel?

I hope this was clear enough.

You can choose from multiple boot entries when using u-boot. The default boot loader for stock R19.x is fastboot, but if you’ve flashed to R21.x, then you are all set. All you need is to use the RS-232 D-Sub connector with settings of speed 115200, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (115200,8N1). Open the port with any serial console, e.g., gtkTerm, minicom, PuTTY. Then at boot time your host system will have a text console which runs even in the boot loader. If you don’t have an RS-232 on your desktop PC, this USB serial UART works:
[url]Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

Beware that a 4.x series kernel won’t work with many of the hardware accelerated functions, e.g., you won’t be able to use the GPU for accelerated graphics or CUDA.