NVIDIA driver 367.35 upgrade failed to GTX 1080 on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi everybody,

I want to install the NVIDIA drivers 367.35 to GTX 1080 on Ubuntu 16.04 but its upgrades failed.

I have followed the next steps (previously I had uninstalled old nvidia drivers):

$ sudo service lightdm stop
$ sudo chmod +755 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-367.35.run

LICENSE question - [Accept]

The distribution-provided pre-install script failed! Continue? - [Yes]

Would you like to register DKMS? - [No]

Building kernel modules…
The target kernel has CONFIG_MODULE_SIG set, whic means that it supports cryptographic signatures on kernel modules. On some systems, the kernel may refuse to load modules without a valid signature from a trusted key. This system also has UEFI Secure Boot enabled; many distributions enforce module signature verification on UEFFI systems when SecureBoot is enable. Woud you like to sign NVIDIA kernel module? - [Sign the kernel module]

Would you like to sign the NVIDIA kernel module with an existing key pair, or woudl you like to generate a new one? - [Generate a new key pair]

The NVIDIA kernel module was successfully signed with a newly generated key pair. Would you like to delete the private signing key? - [No]

An X.509 certificate containing the public signing key will be installed…This certificate must be added to a key database. - [OK]

The private signing key will be installed to /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia/mod-modsign-key-636B89.key… - [OK]

The signed kernel module failed to load, because the kernel does not trust any ke which is capable of verifying the module signature. Would you like to install the signed kernel module anyway? - [Install signed kernel module]

Install NVIDIA’s 32-bit compatibility libraries? - [NO]

Would you like to run the nvidia-xconfig utility to automatically update your X configuration file so that the NVIDIA driver will be used when you restart X? - [Yes]

Your X configuration file has been succesfully updated. Installation of the NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 (version: 367.35) is now complete. -[OK]

back to shell:

service lightdm start

Then it returns to login screen, after I reboot ubuntu. Once reboot it, the login window appears but KDE never starts, since I enter my password and it just throws me ack to the login age. How can I proceed from here? or what is the problem? If I uninstall this driver, I can enter in graphical mode without any complication.

Best regards.

You’ve read this first: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/950647/linux/black-screen-with-367-35 ?