TX1 External Sata for rootfs

Hi,
I just got my Jetson TX1 devkit setup. I had the TK1 and connected an external SATA drive and loaded the rootfs on that. How can I do that for the TX1? The TK1 had the files I needed and I just copied, renamed the file, and rebooted. I have not be able to find a similar procedure for the TX1. Just to be clear, the board will boot from eMMC however during boot it will mount the SATA drive as / and then run from there.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

Randy S.

I’m not where I can verify this, but the easiest thing to do is test by adding an entry in “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf” which uses the “root=” parameter as “/dev/sda1” instead of “mmcblk0p1”, along with a different label (there may be some minor variation, but I am not where I can check right now). Then test boot using serial console to select the alternate label.

Thanks for the help. I updated the extlinux.conf file, copied all the files from /dev/mmcbkl0p1 to /dev/sda1, rebooted. That worked great. I now have plenty of space to add all the development packages for GSTreamer.