Unable to boot after a turn off TX1

Hi,
My TX1 refuses to boot after I turn off the board.

I manage to enter recovery mode and flash the board with any Jetpack release. When the board is flashed and (soft) rebooted, everything is fine and ubuntu works well but as soon as I shut down the system and press the power-on button, the system doesn’t manage to boot.

I plugged a serial cable to see what happen on boot and no characters are transmitted, not even the bootloader prompt.

Is there a solution to correct that or is it a hardware problem on the e-MMC or boot-ROM memory ?

There are some JTX1s which require a quick “double tap” on the power button. Just to see if this is what you’re seeing, try multiple fast power button taps as a possible workaround.

Hi,
Thank you for the answer but it didn’t work on my TX1.
For information, the fan moves and the two power leds switch on after pressing the power button but the bootloader doesn’t start.

It sounds like a hardware issue, but this could imply something attached to the Jetson, versus the Jetson itself. What is connected? Also, just to verify, is the serial console cable attached to J21 (J17 won’t work, it goes to the camera)?

Yes the serial console is attached to J21 and works when flashing the board. I tried to boot with almost all combinations of devices (HDMI, ethernet, usb) without success.

Some serial UART/console devices have been known to cause the serial port to think there was a key press, especially if the serial console was connected but not powered, or if the port is connected and powered but without software configuring it. This would interrupt boot at the u-boot prompt. To test for this, what happens to boot sequence if the serial console is not connected?

Hi,
No more result, when the serial port is unplugged, the board doesn’t boot.

Sounds like a bad module. Contact Nvidia and get a replacement.

One more thing you can try is to remove and reinsert the module.

It does sound like hardware may be an issue now (it sounds like the boot loader is never executed). Near the top of this URL is some RMA info:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/793798/embedded-systems/some-jetson-web-links/[/url]