Resource, graphical view of vertex buffer

I have a buffer with vertex data in it, in the resource view this shows up as a binary buffer (1’s and 0;'). The data is there and I can view the memory. But when I switch to the “Graphical” tab I see nothing. I can configure X, Y and Z and set the stride but nothing happens.

If I use the “Geometry” window I can see my “asset” but what is this “Graphical” tab and what can I use it for? Does seem to work with vertex data…

I should add that I’m using OpenGL 3.3 (though 4.5 drivers are installed) and Nsight 5.1.0.16062.

Hi jleidegren,

I am not very understand your meaning, the Geometry window should have two tab which is Graphical and Memory. Graphical should allow you adjust the Attribute Options and Rendering Options and show your geometry visually, on the other hand, Memory will display the raw bytes of your vertex buffers.

Thanks
An

The “Resource” window has a Graphical tab but it doesn’t do anything. At least not if I open a vertex buffer in it. It’s always blank.

Hi jleidegren,

I understand your meaning. I mean, to be a WAR, you can check the data in Geometry window which show both the graphical tab and memory tab. I have to say the Geometry window’s graphical tab is new-design for display the assets better.

Thanks
An