Regarding OV5693 reference driver

Hi All,

I need to integrate my Raw Bayer Sensor into Jetson TX1 through MIPI CSI. I need V4L2 framework to control the sensor and also will be using ISP to process the data.

From documents, I understood that I can take OV5693 sensor driver as reference. But I could find many OV5693 related files like ov5693_v4l2.c , ov5693.c , etc.

Can someone point me the correct file to refer as per my use case?

Thanks

Are you using your own ISP or attempting to use the onboard one? The onboard ISP can’t be accessed according to Nvidia; it’s probably better to base your camera on the sources for other similar cameras, there’s been a few posted in these threads, such as this one.

We are working with third party to get TX1 ISP support. So using ISP will not be a problem.
We need to write Sensor driver for all the four sensors. So I would like to know the reference driver.

Take a look at this thread: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/913141/multiple-csi-cameras-on-tx1/

Thanks for the response. You have pointed out to reference Board file. But I have asked query regarding V4L2 Sensor driver…

There are two driver files for OV5693… one in drivers/media/i2c/soc_camera/ov5693_v4l2.c and other one is drivers/media/i2c/ov5693.c

I guess one is soc_camera and other is media controller… Please let me know which one You recommend to take it as reference.

I’ve never implemented a camera myself, but $KERNEL/arch/arm64/mach-tegra/board-t210ref-camera.c doesn’t work? According to this thread, it should.

Otherwise, I’d suggest you look at the drivers for the other cameras linked in my first response.

Hi @Pal1234,

We can help you creating the driver for your cameras, I suppose what you need is to initialize the camera to start feeding the MIPI port, we can verify this with v4l2src once the driver is in place. You would need to add the driver and modify the board file ( $KERNEL/arch/arm64/mach-tegra/board-t210ref-camera.c) to specify the amount of lanes and port.