nvlink fatal : Internal error: duplicate relocations at same address

I am trying to use SASSI.

My set-up has cuda 7.0. When I try to run the matrixMul.cu available in SASSI git repo, I get following error:

/path/to/sassi/bin/nvcc -o matrixMul matrixMul.o -gencode arch=compute_20,code=sm_20 -Xlinker "--wrap=main" -Xlinker "--wrap=exit" -L../instlibs/lib -lbranch -L/path/to/sassi/extras/CUPTI/lib64 -lcupti  -lcudadevrt -Xlinker -rpath,/path/to/sassi/extras/CUPTI/lib64 -L/usr/include/boost/lib -lboost_regex -lcrypto -Xlinker -rpath,/usr/include/boost/lib
nvlink fatal   : Internal error: duplicate relocations at same address
make: *** [matrixMul] Error 1

I am not able to figure out what the error is. Can anyone provide some solution? Thank you.

from the sassi page:

[url]https://github.com/NVlabs/SASSI[/url]

“Programs currently have to be compiled with -rdc=true, which affects performance.”

Note that even apart from SASSI, this is always true when you require the following link specification:

-lcudadevrt

Still same error:

make
make: Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 2.8 s in the future
/path/to/sassi/bin/nvcc -I./inc  -c -gencode arch=compute_20,code=sm_20 -Xlinker "--wrap=main" -Xlinker "--wrap=exit" -lineinfo -Xptxas --sassi-inst-before="cond-branches" -Xptxas --sassi-before-args="cond-branch-info" -g -O3 -rdc=true  -o matrixMul.o matrixMul.cu 
*                       SASSI Instrumentation Details
*  For the settings you passed in, you'll need to make sure that you have
*  an instrumentation library with the following properties:
*  - It MUST BE compiled using only 16 registers!! To accomplish this
*    simply compile your library with the nvcc flag, --maxrregcount=16
*  - It must define the following functions:
*      __device__ void sassi_before_handler(SASSIBeforeParams*,SASSICondBranchParams*)
/path/to/sassi/bin/nvcc -o matrixMul matrixMul.o -gencode arch=compute_20,code=sm_20 -Xlinker "--wrap=main" -Xlinker "--wrap=exit" -L../instlibs/lib -lbranch -L/path/to/sassi/extras/CUPTI/lib64 -lcupti  -lcudadevrt -Xlinker -rpath,/path/to/sassi/extras/CUPTI/lib64 -L/usr/include/boost/lib -lboost_regex -lcrypto -Xlinker -rpath,/usr/include/boost/lib
nvlink fatal   : Internal error: duplicate relocations at same address
make: *** [matrixMul] Error 1