Any plan to support .NET core application?
I'm writing OpenGL applications on .NET Core and wondering if nsight can be used on it. I have tried to do the same with VC++ OpenGL projects but only got these output on a .NET core project: > Nsight Debug > The Nsight debugger was not able to start because the program '' is invalid. Please verify the output file > name in Visual Studio, and the Nsight UserProperties | Launch Settings | Launch External Program setting. This > must be an absolute path. The application is a dotnet console application. It creates the window by calling CreateWindowEx ([url]https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms632680.aspx[/url]) and creates OpenGL context and so on.
I'm writing OpenGL applications on .NET Core and wondering if nsight can be used on it.

I have tried to do the same with VC++ OpenGL projects but only got these output on a .NET core project:

> Nsight Debug
> The Nsight debugger was not able to start because the program '' is invalid. Please verify the output file
> name in Visual Studio, and the Nsight UserProperties | Launch Settings | Launch External Program setting. This
> must be an absolute path.

The application is a dotnet console application. It creates the window by calling CreateWindowEx (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms632680.aspx) and creates OpenGL context and so on.

Posted 10/30/2016 07:36 AM   
Hi zwcloud, I'm sorry nsight graphics debugging don't support managed code now. Thanks, Letitia
Hi zwcloud,

I'm sorry nsight graphics debugging don't support managed code now.

Thanks,
Letitia

Posted 12/22/2016 10:41 AM   
Hello! I am having the same issue. Wanted to see if Nsight could be used with .NET core 2.0 but it yields the same error. Any plans to support it? Best regards, Martin
Hello!

I am having the same issue. Wanted to see if Nsight could be used with .NET core 2.0 but it yields the same error.

Any plans to support it?

Best regards,
Martin

Posted 03/20/2018 08:35 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply