[Solved] Exception: Unmatchable PTX Instruction While Compiling Function

Sorry everyone, I just found that I made an obvious mistake. The problem comes from invalid include files of optix.

Original Post

I had Optix 4.0 and CUDA 7.5.17 installed in redhat linux. When I run Context::Launch, the runtime failed to compile PTX files for me. I had tried to comment out some of the PTX instruction but the problem seemed to expand further, I encountered the same exception on multiple PTX routines. Here are the exceptions I got from different places:

HERE 2
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘optix::Exception’
what(): Invalid value (Details: Function “RTresult _rtContextCompile(RTcontext)” caught exception: Unmatchable PTX instruction while compiling function: _Z7PO_Freqv_0:add at (1707), [1049199])
Aborted (core dumped)

HERE 2
what(): Invalid value (Details: Function “RTresult _rtContextCompile(RTcontext)” caught exception: Unmatchable PTX instruction while compiling function: _Z18intersectSecondaryv_0:add at (1707), [1049199])
Aborted (core dumped)

HERE 2
what(): Invalid value (Details: Function “RTresult _rtContextCompile(RTcontext)” caught exception: Unmatchable PTX instruction while compiling function: _Z16intersectPrimaryv_0:add at (1707), [1049199])
Aborted (core dumped)

HERE 2
what(): Invalid value (Details: Function “RTresult _rtContextCompile(RTcontext)” caught exception: Unmatchable PTX instruction while compiling function: _Z14mesh_intersecti_0:mad.wide at (3936), [1049199])
Aborted (core dumped)

HERE 2
what(): Invalid value (Details: Function “RTresult _rtContextCompile(RTcontext)” caught exception: Unmatchable PTX instruction while compiling function: _Z14mesh_intersecti_0:add at (1707), [1049199])
Aborted (core dumped)

The Optix SDK Samples compiled and ran correctly. Any suggestion for this situation? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the clear description, and for marking this solved once you found a solution. Good forum etiquette should be recognized :)

I met the same problem. Would you like to tell me how you solved it?