Does Nsight 5.2 allow shader debugging for Pascal-GPUs(Geforce 1060)?
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The host machine only has 1 GPU. The target had 2 but I disabled the integrated Intel one. There was an option for igfx in bios but it wasn't set. I re-installed nsight monitor on the target machine and rebooted both, just in case. So far no luck :( I didn't understand what you were referring to "force Visual Studio to use NV GPU as render device", could you elaborate on how this should be done? (I'm using VS 2017 but have access to 2013 as well)
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The host machine only has 1 GPU. The target had 2 but I disabled the integrated Intel one. There was an option for igfx in bios but it wasn't set.

I re-installed nsight monitor on the target machine and rebooted both, just in case. So far no luck :(

I didn't understand what you were referring to "force Visual Studio to use NV GPU as render device", could you elaborate on how this should be done? (I'm using VS 2017 but have access to 2013 as well)

Posted 06/28/2017 10:13 AM   
Any updates on this Feature, nvidia? I have a 1060, and it's a pain in the ass to fix shader issues, because I can't debug the shader.
Any updates on this Feature, nvidia? I have a 1060, and it's a pain in the ass to fix shader issues, because I can't debug the shader.

Posted 09/22/2017 11:25 AM   
Hi, I'm afraid that Pascal GPU doesn't support shader debugging now. Regards, Letitia
Hi,

I'm afraid that Pascal GPU doesn't support shader debugging now.

Regards,
Letitia

Posted 09/25/2017 03:11 AM   
Do you know by any chance where is this feature in the Nsight development roadmap?
Do you know by any chance where is this feature in the Nsight development roadmap?

Posted 09/25/2017 07:05 AM   
Hi, I am not sure about the plan or schedule, but I will take a track for your request and let you know if there are some update. Regards, Letitia
Hi,

I am not sure about the plan or schedule, but I will take a track for your request and let you know if there are some update.

Regards,
Letitia

Posted 09/25/2017 07:10 AM   
Hi, I would just like to add my (and some colleagues') interest in debugging GLSL shaders on NVidia 9xx and 10xx GPUs at work. At the moment there seems just to be no other viable alternative on the market for debugging GLSL shaders, NSight still looks like a good solution and seems pretty well maintained in most other regards, except for the shader debugging support. Thanks
Hi, I would just like to add my (and some colleagues') interest in debugging GLSL shaders on NVidia 9xx and 10xx GPUs at work.
At the moment there seems just to be no other viable alternative on the market for debugging GLSL shaders, NSight still looks like a good solution and seems pretty well maintained in most other regards, except for the shader debugging support.

Thanks

Posted 09/29/2017 06:47 PM   
Hi, any updates on Pascal GPUs and OpenGL shader debugging? Nsight 5.4 still doesn't seem to support it.
Hi, any updates on Pascal GPUs and OpenGL shader debugging? Nsight 5.4 still doesn't seem to support it.

Posted 11/25/2017 06:40 PM   
Hi korteur, I'm sorry that Pascal GPU doesn't support shader debugging now. Regards, Letitia
Hi korteur,

I'm sorry that Pascal GPU doesn't support shader debugging now.

Regards,
Letitia

Posted 11/27/2017 03:08 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply