Auto-Power-On Support

I have been recreating the auto power on circuit found on page 17 of Jetson TX1 OEM Product Design Guide based on the Max16053 chip.

I have tested it on my bench and it works fine. I have been looking for “CHARGER_PRSNT” on the TX1 and the best I could find was Pin 1 of J27. (unfortunately, as far as I know, CHARGER_PRSNT is not broken out to a “convenient” GPIO header).

I am looking for the mating connector for J27 or somewhere convenient on the TX1 to hook up to CHARGER_PRSNT , can anyone give me a clue where to look?

Jetson_TX1_Developer_Kit_Carrier_Board_Design_Files gave me this info on J27:

J27
50208-01001-001
RECEPTACLE
0.8MM
MNT2
COMMON

I just tested the same MAX16053 based circuit hooked to J6 (much easier pitch 0.1 in (2.54 mm))

It seem to work fine, anything I should be warned about using the circuit like this?

Yes, the pin 1 of J27 is the CHARGER_PRSNT. J27 is from Aces Electronic, here is the link for your reference, you can contact Aces for mating plug. [url]http://www.datasheets360.com/part/detail/50208-01001-001/-4477551219374466332/?alternatePartManufacturerId=0[/url]

Don’t suggest to use J6. J6 is for power button, your test works as it implements a power button pressing (something like using microcontroller to implement Auto-Power-On) . But that will keep power button always low which could have potential risk.

Hello,

Would NVIDIA [please be able to supply link to mating part number for J27. We are in a similar situation, trying to use a Microcontroller to have automatic Power on, and having a hard time trying to source the proper connector for J27.

We do see the connector itself posted above, but the mate is hard to find.

If J27 is too difficult to interface too, we will be forced to interface to the J6 header.

The plan would be to pull J6 low for a certain amount of time from the microcontroller, and use another DIO pin on the micro controller to signal that the TX1 did in fact turn on, and then release the button. The question is, what Pin could we use for that turn on status bit, which is already accessible from one of the headers, on power on?

This is for a FIRST Robotics Application, where boot on power is a requirement.

Thanks,
Kevin

You can get mating info from here [url]http://www.acesconn.com/product_detail.aspx?state=B&selKey=50208&selType=ProductNo&SelMethod=Contain[/url] , please confirm with ACES.

To monitor J6 is to monitor POWER_BTN# as OEM DG said, so sure it is OK.

You can take CARRIER_PWR_ON as the signal of power on successfully. But I don’t think it is necessary, just setting a delay of pull low J6 will work well.

Hi Kevin,

Could you please post how you completed this task? We have used the DIO on our RoboRio to no avail in triggering autostartup.

Thanks,
Nicholas

Hi all,

Does anyone already find where to purchase the mate connector of J26 or have any other easier solution to solve this?

Hi Trumany,

I’m working to integrate a smart BMS (example IC BQ20Z70-V160 data sheet, product information and support | TI.com ) with the Jetson TX1/TX2 Developer Kit Carrier Board, but I have a trouble to build an adapter to connect easily these pins, without buy a stock of these connectors. Do you know a solution?

Thanks,
Raffaello

Hi, bronghi, there is a design guide for charging [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/tx1-tx2-module-battery-charger-design-guide[/url], i think you need to query vendor for reference design and port in Jetson.

Yes, I have read these guides and followed some topic about the battery charger design:

i think you need to query vendor for reference design and port in Jetson.

Yes, of course!

Thanks,
Raffaello

Hi rbonghi, if you just want to line out the pins of J27 without mated plug, I think you will have to remove J27 and mount line on each pad of it.

Hi … from 1 post found that J13 need to be connected to get auto power to the board when the power is supplied.
As far i have understood the A49 need to be connected to the ground. But from another post i got the A49 is charge_preset that is already connected to get auto power.
but still not getting the picture how to get auto power to the board when the power is supplied.
please clarify my doubt as early possible .

Hi … from 1 post found that J13 need to be connected to get auto power to the board when the power is supplied.
As far i have understood the A49 need to be connected to the ground. But from another post i got the A49 is charge_preset that is already connected to get auto power.
but still not getting the picture how to get auto power to the board when the power is supplied.
please clarify my doubt as early possible .

For auto power on function please take chapter 3.8, Optional Auto-Power-On Support, in OEM DG as reference.

Kindly Provide us the link for latest OEM DG . The latest i found out is from sep 2017. Where the auto power is in Chapter 3.7.
Or please confirm if it is the latest one .
http://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx2-oem-product-design-guide

It’s chapter 3.8 in TX1 OEM DG, chapter 3.7 in TX2 OEM DG.