Bug Report: Folding@Home Client

Hello,
We of the Pande Laboratory’s Folding@Home community have been actively discussing and troubleshooting an ongoing break inherent in the Game Ready driver releases since 373.06. The CUDA/OpenCL components have been causing one of our primary work cores to fail and generate the following error:

05:52:34:WU02:FS01:0x21:ERROR:exception: Error downloading array interactionCount: clEnqueueReadBuffer (-5)

This causes the core to crash and any work units under that core to be rejected. In my case, I am using a GTX1070 on the folding slot in question, but this problem was also present on my 970 and has proven to be present for any user on any device, using any Game Ready release newer than 373.06. One of our forum admins has indicated that Nvidia wishes to see more bug reports around this issue, hence why I am creating a topic here.

The FAHClient GPU work cores all implement OpenMM. The core in question, 0x21, is on a relatively new OpenMM base. Interestingly, core 0x18 is running on older OpenMM code, and that one works fine with the 375/376 Game Ready sets.

Please let me know if there is any information that would be useful to your QA and Dev teams that we may be able to provide.

I am also experiencing this exact same problem with my 970

It has been suggested on our forums that FAHBench be used to attempt to replicate the issue using fahcore_21 using the updated OpenMM code.
[url]https://fahbench.github.io/[/url]