Unable to debug CUDA samples in GTX1080
Hi Harry, tried to debug the sortingNetworks example as-is, meaning x64. system: cpu: i7-6700K ram: 16 gb hd: 256 gb ssd + 1 tb hdd windows: windows 7 professional, service pack 1 build 7601 (6.1.7601) gpu: geforce gtx-1080, GP104 revision A1 BIOS version 86.04.17.00.11 subvendor: asus device id: 10DE 1B80 - 1043 859B driver version: 21.21.13.7866 (ForceWare 378.66) WHQL / Win7 64 versions: cuda toolkit 8.0.61 nsight version 5.2.0.16321, standard visual studio version - 12.0 (vs2013 with update 5) geforce experience 3.3.0.95 please note that I have LogMeIn installed, and under display adapters, I have a LogMeIn mirror driver in addition to the GTX-1080. btw, the GTX-1080 is the only gpu installed on the PC, and the monitors are connected to it. please let me know if you require any more information. Matan
Hi Harry,

tried to debug the sortingNetworks example as-is, meaning x64.

system:
cpu: i7-6700K
ram: 16 gb
hd: 256 gb ssd + 1 tb hdd

windows:
windows 7 professional, service pack 1 build 7601 (6.1.7601)

gpu:
geforce gtx-1080, GP104 revision A1
BIOS version 86.04.17.00.11
subvendor: asus
device id: 10DE 1B80 - 1043 859B
driver version: 21.21.13.7866 (ForceWare 378.66) WHQL / Win7 64

versions:
cuda toolkit 8.0.61
nsight version 5.2.0.16321, standard
visual studio version - 12.0 (vs2013 with update 5)
geforce experience 3.3.0.95

please note that I have LogMeIn installed, and under display adapters, I have a LogMeIn mirror driver
in addition to the GTX-1080.
btw, the GTX-1080 is the only gpu installed on the PC, and the monitors are connected to it.

please let me know if you require any more information.

Matan

Posted 02/16/2017 07:43 AM   
Thank you for your info, I've tried LogMeIn but still no luck, I'll raise a bug for dev to check what more I can do.
Thank you for your info, I've tried LogMeIn but still no luck, I'll raise a bug for dev to check what more I can do.

Posted 02/17/2017 06:06 AM   
Hi Harry, is there any news about this bug? do you know if someone successfully reproduced it? do you require additional data from me? TIA Matan
Hi Harry,

is there any news about this bug?
do you know if someone successfully reproduced it?
do you require additional data from me?

TIA
Matan

Posted 03/07/2017 10:05 AM   
Nope, the task has been assigned to the dev, could you please give me you email, I can add it into the bug, then you will be notified when it's updated
Nope, the task has been assigned to the dev, could you please give me you email, I can add it into the bug, then you will be notified when it's updated

Posted 03/08/2017 03:27 AM   
Opps, I don't have authorization to add your email into the bug system, so I will still track this topic. Actually some other customers got the similar issue, fail to launch kernel while debugging, could you please have a check if the nsight memcheck is off, also disable the TDR in nsight monitor might help.
Opps, I don't have authorization to add your email into the bug system, so I will still track this topic.

Actually some other customers got the similar issue, fail to launch kernel while debugging, could you please have a check if the nsight memcheck is off, also disable the TDR in nsight monitor might help.

Posted 03/08/2017 09:23 AM   
Hi Harry, I saw the other forum posts, and unfortunately TDR is disabled, and memcheck is off... I will sample this page every few weeks to check if the issue was fixed, if it's ok with you. Matan
Hi Harry,

I saw the other forum posts,
and unfortunately TDR is disabled, and memcheck is off...

I will sample this page every few weeks to check if the issue was fixed, if it's ok with you.

Matan

Posted 03/12/2017 09:21 AM   
Hi Matan Our dev also cannot repo it, so maybe we should check the log on your computer. Quit NSight monitor if it’s running Set NVLOG_CONFIG_FILE= Path Of Attached NvLogConfigCustomer.txt Edit the attach NvLogConfigCustomer.txt of the first line, path to NVLOG.txt Relaunch NSight monitor Start debugging to repro the issue Quit debugging Sent us the NVLOG.txt NvLogConfigCustomer.txt is attached.
Hi Matan

Our dev also cannot repo it, so maybe we should check the log on your computer.

Quit NSight monitor if it’s running
Set NVLOG_CONFIG_FILE= Path Of Attached NvLogConfigCustomer.txt
Edit the attach NvLogConfigCustomer.txt of the first line, path to NVLOG.txt
Relaunch NSight monitor
Start debugging to repro the issue
Quit debugging
Sent us the NVLOG.txt
NvLogConfigCustomer.txt is attached.

Posted 03/13/2017 03:31 AM   
[quote=""]Hi Harry, I saw the other forum posts, and unfortunately TDR is disabled, and memcheck is off... I will sample this page every few weeks to check if the issue was fixed, if it's ok with you. Matan[/quote] Hi Matan, This issue has been fixed in our internal build and the fix will be in the next version of nsight, it's sw preemption and TDR issue, the workaround solution is debugging on your second gpu and disable the software preemption.
said:Hi Harry,

I saw the other forum posts,
and unfortunately TDR is disabled, and memcheck is off...

I will sample this page every few weeks to check if the issue was fixed, if it's ok with you.

Matan

Hi Matan,

This issue has been fixed in our internal build and the fix will be in the next version of nsight, it's sw preemption and TDR issue, the workaround solution is debugging on your second gpu and disable the software preemption.

Posted 07/21/2017 05:36 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply