Jetson TK1 board damaged

I have accidentally spilled some droplets of water on the TK1 board GPIO rails while running. After quick power off and drying up, I tried to boot it up again but in vein. Pressing the power button turns on the led and fan for half a second and then goes off. I think the power chip of the board has been burnt out or there is some kind of electrical sort on PCB trace.

I have contacted NVIDIA for RMA and they are positive. But the problem is it takes a decent amount of time to ship it back and forth but my project submission is very near. Here in Bangladesh, the device is very rare and I bought it from Amazon USA.

So I have decided to repair the broken board by finding the burnt chip and replacing it manually. It could be so tough and challenging. Any better idea from anyone?

Hi xhuvom,

To repair the broken board by finding the burnt chip and replacing it manually will run the risk of voiding the warranty, still suggest to RMA it for a replacement straight away.

Thanks

Can you please tell me where to send the damaged board via courier service and how long it might take to return back? Also need to know the warranty period.

RMA information is given near the top of this:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/793798/embedded-systems/some-jetson-web-links/[/url]

Thanks for the help, linuxdev.