Big issues with multi monitor setup

Hi,

I have really no idea if this is the right place to post this question/problem so please let me know if it’s not.

I’ve got a Quadro K4200 with three monitors connected to it. This setup has been running fine for a long time. Back some time - please don’t ask me how long - it started to cause trouble. A couple of applications do not run properly on any other screen than the main monitor.

So far I think I was able to figure out that those applications are using either OpenGL or are QT based but for sure I cannot say claim that to be the truth a 100%. These applications are CAD/CAM applications as well as a CNC control application → EndingCNC.

What I can say for sure is that the applications are running fine on every monitor as long as it is defined to be the main monitor in the system video - and/or - NVIDIA system control.

I’m running Windows 10 64bit and I tried I-do-not-know-how-many-driver-version up to the latest as of today which is 376.84-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql

I reached the point where I do not know what to do else and therefor kindly ask this forum for help, please.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

I found how to work around this issue, maybe also the cause. This is for sure one of the most weird things I’ve seen through my PC career. I’v got an ASUS mainboard which runs a Realtek High Definition Audio device. During the installation of the Realtek driver an application called Sonic Studio II gets installed which will then be enabled to auto start in Windows.

As long as this application is running, the problem described exists. As soon as this application gets shut down or even better, not auto start enabled, things work as they should. I have no idea how this can be related to each other but at least I got my workstation back working again.

I thought this might be helpful for someone else as well.

Greez!