Nsight install failure: Nexus.Default.5.2.1.cab is corrupt

I am trying to install Nsight for Visual Studio. I have already installed Visual Studio 2015, and have verified that a “Hello World” C++ program compiles and runs.

My machine is running Windows 10, with a Quadro 4000 card.

When I try to install Nsight, I get the error:
The cabinet file ‘Nexus.Default.5.2.1.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, and error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I have tried downloading the installation file from another machine, and copying it across to mine, in case there was a problem downloading, but that doesn’t seem to have helped.

A Google search turns up nothing.

Any ideas?
Hugo

Hi HugoElias,

Thanks for your feedback.
I’m sorry you encountered the problem, but it seemed that the downloaded installation file is incomplete. Please try to download the installation file again, the link is https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-visual-studio-edition-downloads.
Note that close Visual Studio before install nsight. Please tell us if the problem still existed.

Regards,
Letitia

After rebooting, and trying the download for a fourth time (still on the same PC), it worked. Strange, looking at the file sizes, all four downloads are exactly the same size in bytes.

Hugo

I’m glad that the problem is resolved.Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Letitia