JetPack - Compiling oceanFFT on TX2
Hello, I have followed documentation and installed JetPack from my host computer to the TX2. The directory ~/NVIDIA_CUDA-8.0_Samples/bin/aarch64/linux/release contains the binaries, but does not include oceanFFT and many others, especially samples from 5_Simulations. So I tried to compile it by issuing the command: [code]SMS=53 EXTRA_LDFLAGS=--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 make[/code] And unfortunately I get the following output with an error: [code] nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/NVIDIA_CUDA-8.0_Samples/5_Simulations/oceanFFT$ SMS=53 EXTRA_LDFLAGS=--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 make /usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/nvcc -ccbin g++ -I../../common/inc -m64 -gencode arch=compute_53,code=sm_53 -gencode arch=compute_53,code=compute_53 -o oceanFFT.o -c oceanFFT.cpp oceanFFT.cpp: In function ‘void display()’: oceanFFT.cpp:522:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); ^ In file included from ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:23:0, from oceanFFT.cpp:37: /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum) GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glClientActiveTexture( GLenum texture ); ^ In file included from oceanFFT.cpp:37:0: ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum) USE_GL_FUNC(glClientActiveTexture, PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC); ^ ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:45:44: note: in definition of macro ‘USE_GL_FUNC’ #define USE_GL_FUNC(name, proto) proto name = (proto) glXGetProcAddress ((c ^ oceanFFT.cpp:527:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1); ^ In file included from ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:23:0, from oceanFFT.cpp:37: /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum) GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glClientActiveTexture( GLenum texture ); ^ In file included from oceanFFT.cpp:37:0: ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum) USE_GL_FUNC(glClientActiveTexture, PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC); ^ ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:45:44: note: in definition of macro ‘USE_GL_FUNC’ #define USE_GL_FUNC(name, proto) proto name = (proto) glXGetProcAddress ((c ^ oceanFFT.cpp:579:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); ^ In file included from ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:23:0, from oceanFFT.cpp:37: /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum) GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glClientActiveTexture( GLenum texture ); ^ In file included from oceanFFT.cpp:37:0: ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum) USE_GL_FUNC(glClientActiveTexture, PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC); ^ ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:45:44: note: in definition of macro ‘USE_GL_FUNC’ #define USE_GL_FUNC(name, proto) proto name = (proto) glXGetProcAddress ((c ^ oceanFFT.cpp:581:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1); ^ In file included from ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:23:0, from oceanFFT.cpp:37: /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum) GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glClientActiveTexture( GLenum texture ); ^ In file included from oceanFFT.cpp:37:0: ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum) USE_GL_FUNC(glClientActiveTexture, PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC); ^ ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:45:44: note: in definition of macro ‘USE_GL_FUNC’ #define USE_GL_FUNC(name, proto) proto name = (proto) glXGetProcAddress ((c ^ Makefile:270: recipe for target 'oceanFFT.o' failed make: *** [oceanFFT.o] Error 1 [/code] Any ideas, help or reccomendations greatly appreciated. Best regards, C.
Hello,

I have followed documentation and installed JetPack from my host computer to the TX2.

The directory ~/NVIDIA_CUDA-8.0_Samples/bin/aarch64/linux/release contains the binaries, but does not include oceanFFT and many others, especially samples from 5_Simulations.

So I tried to compile it by issuing the command:

SMS=53 EXTRA_LDFLAGS=--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 make

And unfortunately I get the following output with an error:

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/NVIDIA_CUDA-8.0_Samples/5_Simulations/oceanFFT$ SMS=53 EXTRA_LDFLAGS=--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 make
/usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/nvcc -ccbin g++ -I../../common/inc -m64 -gencode arch=compute_53,code=sm_53 -gencode arch=compute_53,code=compute_53 -o oceanFFT.o -c oceanFFT.cpp
oceanFFT.cpp: In function ‘void display()’:
oceanFFT.cpp:522:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous
glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
^
In file included from ../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:23:0,
from oceanFFT.cpp:37:
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum)
GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glClientActiveTexture( GLenum texture );
^
In file included from oceanFFT.cpp:37:0:
../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum)
USE_GL_FUNC(glClientActiveTexture, PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREPROC);
^
../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:45:44: note: in definition of macro ‘USE_GL_FUNC’
#define USE_GL_FUNC(name, proto) proto name = (proto) glXGetProcAddress ((c
^
oceanFFT.cpp:527:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous
glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
^
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:1825:23: note: candidates are: void glClientActiveTexture(GLenum)
^
../../common/inc/helper_gl.h:107:17: note: void (* __HelperGL::glClientActiveTexture)(GLenum)
^
^
oceanFFT.cpp:579:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous
glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
^
^
^
^
oceanFFT.cpp:581:5: error: reference to ‘glClientActiveTexture’ is ambiguous
glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
^
^
^
^
Makefile:270: recipe for target 'oceanFFT.o' failed
make: *** [oceanFFT.o] Error 1

Any ideas, help or reccomendations greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
C.

Posted 03/15/2017 09:41 PM   
Hi, I am also having the same issue. [code]$ make TARGET_ARCH=aarch64[/code] ...results with the same error as OP's.
Hi,

I am also having the same issue.
$ make TARGET_ARCH=aarch64

...results with the same error as OP's.

Posted 03/15/2017 11:11 PM   
Hi, Thanks for your quick test. Please help us do the following modification: In common/inc/helper_gl.h [code] line105: --- #if !defined(GLX_EXTENSION_NAME) || defined(__arm__) || defined(__aarch64__) line105: +++ #if !defined(GLX_EXTENSION_NAME) || !defined(GL_VERSION_1_3) [/code] Please also let us know the results. Thanks.
Answer Accepted by Original Poster
Hi,

Thanks for your quick test.
Please help us do the following modification:

In common/inc/helper_gl.h
line105: --- #if !defined(GLX_EXTENSION_NAME) || defined(__arm__) || defined(__aarch64__)
line105: +++ #if !defined(GLX_EXTENSION_NAME) || !defined(GL_VERSION_1_3)

Please also let us know the results.
Thanks.

Posted 03/16/2017 03:35 AM   
Hi AastaLLL, Thanks for help, this change fixed the issue for me. [i]oceanFFT[/i] example now builds successfully and I am able to run the simulation. Regards, Bojan
Hi AastaLLL,

Thanks for help, this change fixed the issue for me. oceanFFT example now builds successfully and I am able to run the simulation.

Regards,
Bojan

Posted 03/16/2017 09:20 AM   
Hello All, Yes this fixed the problem. Thanks, C.
Hello All,

Yes this fixed the problem.

Thanks,
C.

Posted 03/16/2017 01:22 PM   
Thank you. this worked out the problem one more question: of this is know to Nvidia team, why the distribution is not fixed once and for all Since days I am insisting to install and run the Jetson for the TX2 and I am stumbling of so many similar problems that I dropped the good abitude to take notes...
Thank you.
this worked out the problem
one more question:
of this is know to Nvidia team, why the distribution is not fixed once and for all

Since days I am insisting to install and run the Jetson for the TX2 and I am stumbling of so many similar problems that I dropped the good abitude to take notes...

Posted 05/28/2017 04:58 PM   
Hi, This issue is fixed in our next release. Please pay attention to our announcement and update. Thanks.
Hi,

This issue is fixed in our next release.
Please pay attention to our announcement and update.

Thanks.

Posted 05/31/2017 04:57 AM   
[quote=""]Hi, This issue is fixed in our next release. Please pay attention to our announcement and update. Thanks. [/quote] I patched the helper_gl.h file but I still cannot compile, I get the following messages: [code]/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libnvidia-tls.so.27.1.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link) /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libnvidia-glcore.so.27.1.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link) /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv017glcore' makefile:59: recipe for target 'display-arm' failed[/code] Please advise!!
said:Hi,

This issue is fixed in our next release.
Please pay attention to our announcement and update.

Thanks.

I patched the helper_gl.h file but I still cannot compile, I get the following messages:

/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libnvidia-tls.so.27.1.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libnvidia-glcore.so.27.1.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/../lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv017glcore'
makefile:59: recipe for target 'display-arm' failed

Please advise!!

Posted 06/14/2017 10:46 PM   
Hi, Just confirmed that oceanFFT sample works well after applying the patch mentioned in #3. Here is my steps: 1. Flash with JetPack3.0 2. Apply the patch in comment #3 3. Compile and run Thanks.
Hi,

Just confirmed that oceanFFT sample works well after applying the patch mentioned in #3.

Here is my steps:
1. Flash with JetPack3.0
2. Apply the patch in comment #3
3. Compile and run

Thanks.

Posted 06/15/2017 03:24 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply