Nsight 5.2/VS2012 C++/CUDA 7.5 Crash
I am not finding that file anywhere. I simply made a location for such a file. Running NSight with that, no new file with the name "NVLOG.txt" appears to be created.
I am not finding that file anywhere.
I simply made a location for such a file.
Running NSight with that, no new file with the name "NVLOG.txt" appears to be created.

Posted 03/22/2017 03:24 AM   
Is there any chance we could connect using TeamViewer, e.g., to try and solve this?
Is there any chance we could connect using TeamViewer, e.g., to try and solve this?

Posted 03/22/2017 06:19 AM   
Hi, Could you attach a picture of the error you got, nvlog works for the app you are debugging, if the exception comes from nsight monitor, we should use another log, actually I'm not sure where the exception comes from, and one more question, is your solution a .net exe + cuda dll or pure c++ project? Anyway, I just attach a new log configuration file, the log will be written to "D:\NvLog\nvlog.txt", you just need to close the nsight monitor, open a cmd and run "set NVLOG_CONFIG_FILE={path of your log config}", use the same cmd to run the nsight monitor which should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.2\Monitor\Common\Nsight.Monitor.exe", then you can get the log at "D:\NvLog", of course you should make sure the "D:\NvLog" exists. Best Regards Harry
Hi,

Could you attach a picture of the error you got, nvlog works for the app you are debugging, if the exception comes from nsight monitor, we should use another log, actually I'm not sure where the exception comes from, and one more question, is your solution a .net exe + cuda dll or pure c++ project?

Anyway, I just attach a new log configuration file, the log will be written to "D:\NvLog\nvlog.txt", you just need to close the nsight monitor, open a cmd and run "set NVLOG_CONFIG_FILE={path of your log config}", use the same cmd to run the nsight monitor which should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.2\Monitor\Common\Nsight.Monitor.exe", then you can get the log at "D:\NvLog", of course you should make sure the "D:\NvLog" exists.

Best Regards
Harry
Attachments

nvlogconf.txt

Posted 03/22/2017 08:08 AM   
My underlying app is a WinForms app using .net. Also, I did everything you said with regard to Nvlog and still no "nvlog.txt" file created. I am not seeing anyway for me to attach an image to this reply. What I see is first, the program report "[myapp] stopped working" in a diolog box. If you select "debug" from the dialog box, you see that it says "An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework expcetion occurred in [myapp]."
My underlying app is a WinForms app using .net.

Also, I did everything you said with regard to Nvlog and still no "nvlog.txt" file created.

I am not seeing anyway for me to attach an image to this reply.
What I see is first, the program report "[myapp] stopped working" in a diolog box.
If you select "debug" from the dialog box, you see that it says "An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework expcetion occurred in [myapp]."

Posted 03/22/2017 04:33 PM   
Hi nvlog will be created when the injected dll is invoked in your app, no nvlog means the nsight monitor failed to start your app, the app even doesn't invoke the debugging feature. I shall create a .net project to have a try. BTW you can upload the attachment via editing the thread you post. please check my attached picture.
Hi nvlog will be created when the injected dll is invoked in your app, no nvlog means the nsight monitor failed to start your app, the app even doesn't invoke the debugging feature. I shall create a .net project to have a try.

BTW you can upload the attachment via editing the thread you post. please check my attached picture.
Attachments

Untitled.png

Posted 03/23/2017 06:26 AM   
Looks like we should try the log from monitor. 1. Close Visual Studio and the Nexus (or Nsight) Monitor 2. Go to %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Vsip\1.0\Logs and %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Monitor\1.0\Logs and delete any existing files 3. Edit Nvda.Diagnostics.nlog under "Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition <Nsight_version>\Host\Common\Configurations" and "Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition <Nsight_version>\Monitor\Common\Configurations" 4. Go to the last logger at the bottom of the file: <logger name=”*” minlevel=”Error” writeTo=”file-high-severity” /> 5. Change the minlevel attribute value from "Error" to "Trace" 6. Save file, Reproduce the problem, and send the generated logs: %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Vsip\1.0\Logs and %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Monitor\1.0\Logs
Looks like we should try the log from monitor.

1. Close Visual Studio and the Nexus (or Nsight) Monitor
2. Go to %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Vsip\1.0\Logs and %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Monitor\1.0\Logs and delete any existing files
3. Edit Nvda.Diagnostics.nlog under "Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition <Nsight_version>\Host\Common\Configurations" and "Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition <Nsight_version>\Monitor\Common\Configurations"
4. Go to the last logger at the bottom of the file: <logger name=”*” minlevel=”Error” writeTo=”file-high-severity” />
5. Change the minlevel attribute value from "Error" to "Trace"
6. Save file, Reproduce the problem, and send the generated logs: %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Vsip\1.0\Logs and %AppData%\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight\Monitor\1.0\Logs

Posted 03/23/2017 06:47 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply