CUDA 9.0.176 installer fails every time

No guarantee.
Custom Installed CUDA only with 9.1

Hey guys,

I ran into this problem too when trying to install CUDA v9.2 – the installer would fail during the visual studio integration stage. In my case, the problem appears to have been caused by having Visual Studio 2017 build tools installed as well as a regular Visual Studio 2017 installation. I think the installer sees two versions of VS2017, tries to install the extensions on top of the build tools, and then fails. When I uninstalled the build tools, the CUDA installer completed.

Hope that helps!

can you please tell me which options check in your VS installer?

Evening spent on the installation. I found a solution to my problem. In the logs there was an error with the integration with VS 2017. I started the msi installation from the CUDAVisualStudioIntegration folder manually - the integration was made without errors. Removed the checkmark in the installation Cuda - the integration with VS - launched, all instalirovalos without errors.

Hi guys,

For tensorflow latest version, it seems it needs CUDA 9.0 to be installed. I already have CUDA 8 and CUDA 9.2 installed. Took a lot of time-solving issues with 9.2 installs and finally done. Installed cudnn 7.1 also. Now trying to install CUDA 9.0 but the installation window hangs in the installation options page every time. Back, next and cancel buttons not working. Couldn't close the window too. Had to manually close it by Task Manager and rerun it. still same issue. I'm on windows 10. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any solutions? Already lost a lot of time configuring. Nvidia screwed up big time.

NVidia are certainly doing a very poor job as I’ve spent a whole day getting this to work :

My Config :
Windows 7 x64 Enterprise
VS 2015 Enterprise
Cuda 9.0 (needed for tensorflow)

In the end I had to change the display driver to VGA, and then remove all the NVidia stuff from add/remove programs. Also deleted c:\program files\NVidia Corporation.

After a reboot, I checked and there was no NVidia stuff in Add/Remove programs and installed CUDA successfully with all components. I would suggest trying this first no matter what your setup as it was not that hard in the end - meanwhile I tried a lot of other suggestions here without success.

NVidia - please take our feedback more seriously. Thanks.

I had the same issue like you, and I was able install the CUDA 9.0. I deleting Visual Studio 2017 and other related redistributable programs and install Visual Studio 2015 community and the install program stopped freezing!

Hope this will help